Sunday, March 29, 2009

S&F: Blogging Feminism

I just read the S&F Online and find it useful. I am not familiar with using the blog, I did mention that this is my first time using a blog. When signing up for the class and reading the syllabus, I was thinking about what is a blog? The reading gave a understanding and some definition on the blog. It's interesting on how people can leave opinions, conversation, and interests on this blog. I never heard about it until now or taking this course. I like it in some ways because it's like a journal to me and everyone in the course can read it. The good thing about this blog is that in a classroom, some people are caution on talking in class or speaking up in class over a question. They don't want to be looked at in class when talking or ask a question in class, this blog you can speak your mind or express your opinion without the whole class looking at you.
With the reading, it goes into discussion about feminists. How feminists find the blog useful in the blogoshpere. How it communicates through out the internet, when feminists do their discussions. After that the reading goes into the discussion about where are the women in the blog? I do think that there is more women on the blog than men. I think that the research on this blog is wrong, which I read on the other readings that where required. I did the reading on Women and Children Last: The Discursive Construction of Weblogs by Herring C. Susan, Koupers Inna, Scheidt Lois Ann, Wright L. Elijah. They did a research on gender using the blog and the research was done in 2003. They did from teenages to adults and the gender were male and female. The conclusions were that male were more using the blog than female. Some of it was a little bias when I was doing the reading. I would think that more women have been using the blog more than men even before this research. Some of the readings were the same as the other readings of last week or the week before. The readings were that men are more political on blogs than women. Asking the same question where are the women? In the Discursive Construction of Weblogs, again more research was done that men are more using the blog on political talks than women.
I don't think it should matter what gender you are when using the blog, not everyone will put down their gender. The blog is free for everyone to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment