Thursday, April 30, 2009

Reflection: The Blog


I enjoyed the blogging experience, it was something new to me. I didn't know or hear anything like the blog. I think the nice thing about this blog is writing your own opinion and expressing your feelings over topics. I never done anything like this before in any of my classes. I tried to spruce up my blog and be creative, but this all I could do.

What is your attitude toward blogs and blogging after completing this course?
I think blogging is a good way of communicating with people through comments and reading their thoughts about a topic. I enjoyed reading some of the students blog in class.
What is the future of gender and blogging?
I would say that gender in the future and blogging would always be an issue. We would think that discrimation towards women would end because of the 21st century and moving into the future, but no. I think women would always be 2nd class, I live on the Navajo reservation and I struggle with my gender in my community. Even though in books it says that the Navajo society is a materilineal clanship system. I feel that being a Navajo woman I am still fighting to have my voice heard. I guess my experience is that Navajo men are intimated by a young, educated, woman. In 2006, the Navajo Nation was electing the next presidential candidate. For the first time in history, a woman ran for the Navajo presidential. Her name was Linda Lovejoy. She had alot of critizism for being a woman from the Navajo people, mostly towards her gender. I voted for Linda Lovejoy, but she lost the election. But I admire her for standing there and taking all the critizism that a "Woman can not be a Leader."
How does Web 2.0 contribute to making feminist futures?
I would say that Web 2.0 contributes a window for feminist. It's great that this blog is global and everyone can read your expression and leave a comment.



7 comments:

  1. The thing I liked most about your blog was the honesty of your feelings within it. You seemed to always make sure that your readers were aware of your position on topics, which heightened your blog. My only criticism would be to read over your blogs before posting them because I got confused over some of the verbage. Other than that, I truly enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog was very interesting. I liked the passion you showed when you wrote about certain issues. Your blog shows you put forth a lot of effort and that is your greatest strength. Thanks for putting forth the effort and for making your blog very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it might be really interesting if you talked more about your experience as a Navajo woman. You've talked about feeling marginalized and wanting to find blogging communities for Native Americans, and this way you could start being part of that community becoming more visible online.

    Thanks for being part of this class. I've enjoyed reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very much enjoy reading your blog. In most of your postings, you openly express the Navajo experience. We need more and more Native American bloggers to express their feelings on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog was great and I hope you keep it up. Your perspective is important.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sincerely enjoyed your blogs, because of the contents. I haven't really ever been exposed t the Native American culture, so your blog gave me alot of insight into a portion of your community. I am very proud of my culture so I can very much appreciate the love and openess you provided to the class. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't agree more with everyone else's comments and i find it interesting how everyones blogs became a part of showing who they were.

    -D

    ReplyDelete