Thursday, April 2, 2009

Cultural Analysis, Cultural Activisms

For this weeks reading was very interesting, especially the videos. I enjoyed watching the videos on Sarah Haskins and Amy Poehler.
My reflections on this weeks reading were surprising on racialicious with Carmen Van Kerckhove. Some of the paragraphs were based on race and some were off the discussion about race being on blog. She tried to mention more on race and interracial couples, but the discussion kept coming up with how it's more pop and culture. I thought the reading would be more on how or if the blog is a racial blog, but none of the reading mention anything about racism.
The Blog is Beautiful reading mention that there's race blog for many races out there or they have their own blog for discussions. When I was reading this article and designin my blog, I thought to myself, "I wonder if there's any blog for Native American People". I am a native american student and again thought about if there any blog or if any nativer american know about this blogsphere.
I read the article on "Feministing", there was some pros and cons about the reading that I agree with. One sentence that I was reading was the abstract that said Feministing stands on debates around politics for a third wave feminism. Last week readings were that there wasn't enough women on discussions about politics for blogs. The reading mention that there was more women than men who join or sign up for these blogs. I thought that was true and I agree with that.

The blogs function as a cultural activism by having celebrity with their own show like Amy Poehler with Smart Girls at the Party and showing pictures like the Blog is Beautiful, they showed the person as a DJ on a radio show. The videos were like a daytime show or the talk show theme. The video showed or discuss issues on women and girls. They discuss the dislike and like of shows on women with the Sarah Haskins show. The Amy Poehler show interview young girl about their hobbies and interest. I enjoyed watching the Feminist with Ruby on the Poehler show, she was a very smart little girl for her age. I was 30 years old to find out what feminist was.

I liked the videos, I enjoyed them and they made some good points about discussions on the show like with Sarah Haskins with Snapped, Barbie, Lifetime. I watched Amy Poehler with The Dancer-Kenauda and of course, Feminist-Ruby.

No comments:

Post a Comment